Sunday 28 November 2010

CoolEarth Coffee at Foxglove Covert Nature Reserve




 Wednesday 25 November:  A visit to Foxglove Covert Nature Reserve at Caterick Garrison near Richmond. I arrvied at 12.30 but there were so many paths to explore I didn't get back till almost dark - and then shared a drink of Cool Earth Coffee with one of the volunteers there, and left them a jar to enjoy.


I'd had a good day. At the far end of this pool is the tower hide (above) and a rounder brand new hide below.


Inside it was delightful - brand new wood, not yet made dirty by birdwatchers feet. The building was so symmetrical and peaceful.



There were new paths and new benches.
and new pools and scrapes:-


I
 I found the Open air classroom being built ..

Here is a flush area (they called it raised fen ) - with Quaking grass and Grass of Parnassus.


No comments: