Wednesday 17 June 2015

30dayswild-1-June

In the first half of June I discovered the project 30-days-wild- encouraged by the Wildlife Trusts - challenging people to do something in the wild in every day of June.

I'll try and write a post for each day. (The first few retrospectively)
I have no pictures of 1 June so I'll put in pictures of 31st May - I  noticed that the hawthorn was not yet out in Malham village.
Malham 31 May 2015- view towards the Cove
(See more pics of this)

See my post about this - "Don't cast a clout e'r May is out"


In the morning I went to Malham chapel 9.30 service to collect my wildflower "Rainforest Greeting Cards which I had left on display the week before for Malham Safari.

I got back over the water divide to Horton in Ribblesdale in time for the lunch after the confirmation service which Bishop James had attended - it was his first "official job" after being officially made Bishop - though he has been doing the work for over a year.


Doris shows Bishop James her book of
"Wildflowers of the Ingleton churchyards".
She will be leading a walk of this title
on 20 June at 5.45-6.30pm,
including light refreshments
and showing people her book.
All welcome

Doris' book has lots of delightful water-colour paintings of wildflowers.
I also showed him the Horton in Ribblesdale Lichen Trail 
that I have put in the Church at Horton

I'll be running a Lichen Identification workshop the same day. 20 June 9.45am 2015




No comments: